This is a key engineering position, involved with projects from their conception through to production release. Working with product planning you will be responsible for writing a product specification, then with the design groups on ensuring correct implementation. When the silicon is available you will work with software and application groups, to bring up the final product. The primary area of responsibility will be for consumer based PC products, using PCI, Cardbus, or USB interfaces.
- Work with the Product planning group, you will be Responsible for detailed engineering specification of new products for the Communication market
- Work with design teams to ensure correct implementation
- Track appropriate standards to ensure compliance
- Generate test plans for final products
- Work with the hardware and software groups in the lab during product bring up
- Work with target customers to bring up vendor specific solutions
This position requires an individual with good all round engineering knowledge and abilities. Strong communications skills are essential, along with the ability to work as a part of a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- At least 3 years experience in Telecommunications and or Data Communications
- Experience in translating Standards into actual products
- In depth knowledge of PCI and USB standards and hands on experience with related products
- Strong Communications and Documentation skills
- Participation in standards work a plus
MS in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.