MIME Types allow infoRouter and your browser to correctly identify the type of document
the user is trying to download. With known MIME types, your browser knows to launch the appropriate application when you choose to open the document.
For your convenience, infoRouter provides a wide variety of commonly used MIME Types.
If your organization uses documents or files generated with applications not widely used, the System Administrator may need to identify a new MIME Type. For example, your company may use a specialized drawing application that generates files with an ".xyz" extension. In this case, the System Administrator would need to identify a new MIME type so that infoRouter will know which application should be associated with that file extension.
|To add a MIME Type, perform the following:|
- Click on the Control Panel link.
- Click on the MIME Types link.
- Click on the New MIME Type tab.
- In the New MIME Type window, enter the following information:
- Extension: The extension of the file.
- Description: A brief description of the file type.
- Type: The type of MIME. Refer to other entries for examples.
- Icon: The name of the icon file. infoRouter will display this icon when a document with this type appears.
- Edit With: If you wish a custom ASP to handle this type of file, enter the name of your custom ASP. infoRouter will launch this ASP when a user clicks on this type of document.
|Copyright(c) 1998-2003 Active Innovations, Inc.